Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Big Day...

This is an entry, a very special entry, describing the beginning of a wonderful journey with a certain someone i consider to be very important to me. It all started by Brian's dad driving, Brian, Liv, and I up to the Congress Theatre in Chicago. The drive was long, and tiring, very tiring. It seemed to be taking forever to get to the destination, seeing nothing but train tracks, old factories and buildings a like. Although the sights were bleak, my thoughts and gameplan for the night kept my enthusiam at its peak. This was the night i was going to ask out Jenna, during her favorite song. Time passed, and we had arrived at the theatre. Tons of kids lined the sides, excitement from the show was evident, because it dripped off of the words that took part in their rapid, energy filled conversations. After walking down the already semi-lengthy line of anxiouskids, we took our spots in line, it was time to wait. Three and a half hours had passed, standing in the cold, just waiting. The hairs on the back of my neck, standing up, more prickly then pine needles, and my toes became so numb, I would not doubt they were and colder than small ice cubes. After this extensive wait, we were finally in. The atmosphere was defeaning, everyones voices, echoing throughout the large theatre, it was hard to hear anything. After getting in the theatre, it was time to find a spot. Finding a spot was tough, considering wherever you stood, would get pushed way back as soon as the concert started. We watched, and listened to all of the main acts. Loud, pounding drum beats, fast guitar riffs and powerful vocals emulated out of all of the speakers. It was a great time, but it was about to get better, I had finally found Jenna, the girl I was going to ask out that night, RIGHT before her favorite bands set. She stood with me before they went on, happiness radiating from her smile and the look on her face. As soon as the first song came on, her favorite, i let the pounding insanity reverberating in my eardrums play out before i asked. A little more into the song and i bent down, ear level with her and shouted, "HEY!", she responded,"yeah?!". After that the feeling in my stomach was intense, like someone had literally removed my stomach, and tied it in a knot, i tohought of backing down, but that wasnt an option, i broke the chains of fear and exclaimed; "Would you be my girlfriend!?". She replied, happily, "Yes, i would love too!". I couldnt have been more ecstatic to hear those words from her, that completely tied to entire conert experience together, and really made it an awesome day. From that day, 7 months ago, we are still dating, and still happier than ever, all thanks to a little leap of faith, and taking a step out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment